Semi-metallic gaskets are exceptionally versatile. They can be used for a wide range of applications, solving many flange sealing problems for industry, and are especially suited to high pressure or high temperature applications.
Semi-metallic gaskets include both metallic and non-metallic components, either containing a metal core with sealing materials on both flat surfaces, or a pliable core encased in a thin metallic casing. The metallic component gives the gasket strength, while the non-metallic element ensures the superior sealing. This then produces a gasket with the superior structural integrity of a metal gasket with the superior sealing qualities from the non-metallic component.
Metal jacketed gaskets
In a wide range of materials
- Soft pliable core with thin metal covering
- For gas mains, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, pumps, etc.
- Wide choice of jacket and filler materials
Robust solution for large diameters
- Flat metal core with expanded graphite facings
- Used for large diameter flanges where graphite sealing medium needs support
- Also heat exchangers with limited seating space
Supagraf® eyeletted gaskets
Shrouded edges to prevent erosion or blowouts
- Expanded graphite gaskets with metal eyelets shrouding the inside or outside diameters
- Prevents erosion of graphite at high fluid velocity when ID is shrouded
- Blowout potential is reduced when OD is shrouded
Supagraf® Furnasele Gasket
Simple & robust gasket for large flanges
- Supagraf® expanded graphite facings on a metal core
- Developed for large diameter flanges handling high temperature gases
- Suitable for uneven or warped flanges and low bolt loadings