Back-up and FEP rings
Back-up rings are installed to prevent the extrusion of an elastomeric O-ring in its housing groove under certain operating conditions.
FEP-encapsulated O-rings should be used whenever the chemical resistance of an elastomer is inadequate for long-term sealing.
Manufactured from Fluolion®
- For use when system pressure exceeds 10 MPa
- For use when low strength O-rings are installed
- For use when adverse mechanical conditions prevail
FEP encapsulated O-rings
When chemical resistance of elastomer is inadequate
- Seamless FEP sheath completely covers elastomeric core
- Elastomeric core of fluorocarbon or silicone
- Can be used with food and pharmaceuticals