These superior quality metal ring joints are manufactured in the UK by API-licensee James Walker® Moorflex, these metal seals conform to both ASME and API standards. Products include R, RX and BX ring joints, ring type joint flanges, API ring joints, metal ring joints, ring joint gaskets as well as lens, convex, wedge, double-cone, and weld ring metal gaskets.
Moorside ring joint gaskets are precision manufactured metal ring joints predominantly used in high pressure oilfield applications and for processing industry duties. They are manufactured in the UK. James Walker® Moorflex is licensed by the American Petroleum Institute to apply the API monogram to gaskets in accordance with API 6A PSL4. It was first registered in 1963.
Available to API 6A (oilfield use) and ASME B16.20 (general use) standards to fit ASME, BS and DIN flanges.
Metal Ring Type Joint Prime features
- R type (oval and octagonal) solid sections to fit standard ring type joint flanges with trapezoidal grooves
- Types RX and BX with complex bevelled edge sections for wellhead pressures exceeding 70 MPa/700 bar
- Soft iron
- Low carbon steel
- Alloy steels: F5, 410
- Stainless steels: 304, 304L, 316, 316L, 321, 347
Non standard materials
- High nickel alloys
- Super alloy steels
- Other stainless steel grades
- PTFE inner rings – for siting in the cavity between flange bore and ring joint to reduce turbulence and flange corrosion
- Neoprene sponge flange guard protectors – for fitting externally to ring joint gasket to minimise ingress of moisture and dirt